Frequently asked question related to Php
1) What a PHP Developer can do?
As a PHP developer, you can access multiple career opportunities. in E-Commerce platforms such as Magento and WooCommerce and the most popular CMS, WordPress, has been built in PHP. With such demand in both online stores and content management systems, students have many lucrative career opportunities to choose from. PHP is one of the most popular programming languages and isn’t slowing down any soon. Master the PHP coding skills at TechSoft’s PHP training program and build a successful career in web development.
2) Market dominance
While some may argue that the entry of players like Python, Ruby on Rails and Node.js has shaken the popularity of the programming language, 80% of the websites still run on PHP. Giants like Flickr, Wikipedia, Tumblr and Facebook have incorporated the PHP framework for running their website. PHP has been adopted for developing eCommerce sites, GUI applications, Facebook applications, project management tools, CMS sites and so much more. With varied applications and its dominance in the market, PHP holds a promising future.
Also, when it comes to building project-specific applications, developers needn’t worry about building from scratch. PHP has a variety of frameworks that can be utilised to add specific functionalities. Laravel, Symfony and other mature frameworks have made it easier to build everything from a simple web application to complex, enterprise-level applications.
4) Advantages of PHP
• Cross-Platform: - PHP is, an application can be run on various platforms.
• Ease of use: -Any individuals who are new to programming can easily learn to use them within a short duration of time.
• Speed: -With launch of PHP7.2 on 30th November 2018, it has become much more powerful. PHP7 is 2 times faster and memory consumption is reduced to half.
• Open source and Powerful library support.
5) Why use PHP?
You have obviously head of a number of programming languages out there; you may be wondering why we would want to use PHP as our poison for the web programming. Below are some of the compelling reasons. • PHP is open source and free.
• Short learning curve compared to other languages such as JSP, ASP etc.
• Large community document
• Most web hosting servers support PHP by default unlike other languages such as ASP that need IIS. This makes PHP a cost effective choice.
• PHP is regular updated to keep abreast with the latest technology trends.
• Other benefit that you get with PHP is that it’s a server side scripting language; this means you only need to install it on the server and client computers requesting for resources from the server do not need to have PHP installed; only a web browser would be enough.
• PHP has in built support for working hand in hand with MySQL; this doesn’t mean you can’t use PHP with other database management systems. You can still use PHP with:
MS SQL Server
• PHP is cross platform; this means you can deploy your application on a number of different operating systems such as windows, Linux, Mac OS etc.
6) What is PHP used for & Market share?
What is the use of learning PHP?
PHP is a widely used programming language to build web applications. With PHP, it has become very easy to develop dynamic websites easily. PHP is a server-side scripting language with various benefits resulting in its worldwide popularity for developers. PHP is easy to install and use. In terms of market share, there are over 20 million websites and application on the internet developed using PHP scripting language. This may be attributed to the points raised above;